We attended last year and let me tell you this is a great event. This year the Guest of Honor is Chef José Andrés of Made in Spain. Recognized in 2011 by Conde Nast Traveler’s as the “Hot Restaurateur” of the year, Jose is credited with introducing Americans to both avant-garde and new age in traditional Spanish cooking.
There is an amazing line up events.Get the full listing and ticket info here: www.njwinefoodfest.com or call 888-881-6991.
Proceeds to benefit James Beard Foundation and World Central Kitchen
Opening Night Festivities on Friday March 15:
7pm Champagne Reception where guests will meet Chef Andrés ($45; included with Wine Cellar Dinner)
8pm Wine Cellar Dinner prepared by Chef Andrés and paired with wines from celebrated winemaker Philippe Melka, one of the world’s most sought after wine consultants (to Quintessa, Seavey and Lail, among others). Held in the stunning award-winning Crystal Springs wine cellar, limited to 25 guests. ($350)
8pm Top Chefs & Top Wines a five course dinner featuring chefs David Burke, Top Chef’s Dale Talde (Talde, NYC) and Marc Aumont (The Modern, NYC) among others paired with boutique wines. ($175)
Saturday March 16 Events:
11am Book signing and discussion with Chef José Andrés ($50, includes choice of Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America or Made in Spain: Spanish Dishes for the American Kitchen); wine will be served.
Saturday March 16 Events continued:
11:30am – 2:30pm Marketplace Lunch with local New Jersey wines and products served ($30).
12pm The New Jersey Mac & Cheese Cook-off Five chefs (finalists of state-wide competition) will battle it out for the Best Mac & Cheese award/title and attendees will crown the victor ($30).
1pm Wine and Terroir Winemakers Philippe Melka of Metisse and Brian Rudin of Buried Cane lead a discussion and tasting showcasing how terroir affects the flavor profile of wine ($60)
2pm Secrets of the Crystal Springs Wine Cellar A special tribute to the late Gene Mulvihill, whose passion for wine led to the creation of Crystal Springs’ 135,000 bottle wine collection, holder of Wine Spectator’s Grand Award since 2006. A tasting of rare and highly rated wines from the cellar for connoisseurs ($150).
3pm The Art of Wine Blending Winemaker David Marchesi of Duckhorn and Paraduxx will discuss and lead a tasting during which attendees will make their own wine blend ($45).
3pm The Vodka-less Mixology Session Master distiller Lincoln Henderson introduces his hand-crafted Angel’s Envy bourbon. Top New Jersey mixologists will show guests how to integrate brown spirits in cocktails ($50).
4pm House of Bushmill’s kicks off St. Patrick’s Day with a tasting of Irish whiskeys such as Bushmill’s 21 year old ($40).
4pm Dessert Wines & Sweets A dessert wine tour around the world paired with delectable desserts ($45).
6:30/7pm - 10pm The Grand Tasting The Festival’s signature event featuring more than 100 wines from over thirty wineries and 30 top restaurants from New York City and New Jersey ($125, VIP $225; VIP admission 6:30pm). Highlights of The Grand Tasting:
• The VIP Experience: an outstanding collection of wines and spirits, tastings from José Andrés, The Ryland Inn, Restaurant Latour, acclaimed Washington D.C. Chef R.J. Cooper of Rogue 24 and more -VIP Lounge
• Restaurant participants include The Frog and the Peach, Maritime Parc, Osteria Morini, Serenade, Strip House, Costanera Peruana, Agricola, The Orange Squirrel, Blue Morel, Chakra, Ho Ho Kus Inn & Tavern, Lu Nello, Axia Taverna, The Dining Room at Anthony David, Morris Tap & Grill, Crystal Tavern and more.
• The tasting showcases the wineries and Champagne houses participating in the Festival, including Krug, Sassicaia, Chateau d’Yquem, Dom Perignon, Hess, Chateau Montelena, Penfolds, Cakebread, Veuve Clicquot and more.
• Live entertainment by the thirty-two piece David Aaron Orchestra
• An exciting silent auction benefiting the James Beard Foundation
10pm – 1am Meet the Chefs and Winemakers After Party Guests will mingle with the chefs and winemakers ($125).
Sunday March 17
11am – 2pm Champagne Brunch A lavish, decadent brunch buffet accompanied by a variety of Champagnes ($60).
TICKET SALES start January 16, 2013 at www.njwinefoodfest.com
Resort reservations can be made starting January 16 at 888-881-6991